Monday 28 July 2008

Luggy


Paul Sturrock has today announced that he is suffering from Parkinsons Disease.

Our former player and gaffer was diagnosed with a mild form of the disease 8 years ago, but has chosen to tell the world now, ahead of the new season.

Sturrock has said "I don't want sympathy, I don't want people feeling sorry for me - I just thought this was the right time to bring things into the open. It doesn't really affect me, unless I forget to take a tablet - and then I just get a few tremors in my hand or my leg."

He also comment on how he has started to get "flicking foot" and that "people were putting two and two together."

Parkinson's is a disorder of the central nervous system that impairs motor skills and speech.

Symptoms include repetitive shaking, slowness of movement and muscle stiffness.

I wish Luggy all the best, and hope that this does not effect his work, and more importantly his life too much.

Arabest Luggy.

No comments: